Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,039   Online: 789

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645 Pro TL - Blinking shutter speed with AF

Hi All,

Quick question regarding the Mamiya 645 Pro TL. I noticed that when I have the manual crank winder installed, the shutter speed as well as metering mode LEDs in the AE prism are blinking. If I swap out the manual crank winder for the power grip winder, the LEDs stay solid. I tried switching out various backs as well as dark slides and neither made a difference. Can someone tell why the shutter and metering LEDs are blinking? Is something wrong? Also I am using the camera in AEL mode.

According to this link from B&H, they blink when the correct exposure is met. That info is under the "Specifications" tab after "Exposure Metering"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...um_Format.html

Thanks for your help.

**Edit: Sorry, I have no idea why I put AF in the post title...I think I meant to write AE prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last edited by Marc B.; 09-01-2012 at 10:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Marc,

Unfortunately I've looked through those already and haven't been able to find anything in relation to why the shutter speed/metering would blink when using the crank winder versus the power grip winder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my AE Prism N, when the camera is set to manual exposure, the recommended exposure speed flashes, while the manually set speed is steady.

(Or is it the other way around?)

And the LEDs blink when the dark slide is inserted.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So I guess I should be more specific when I referred to the LEDs. The only parts that are blinking are the shutter speed and metering settings. Theres no other LEDS blinking in viewfinder. Also this is when shooting in AEL mode. I haven't tried manual. The settings blink independent of the dark slide location.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin