Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,152   Online: 1083

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to get Acute-matte D for my 503?

Hi

I think I need a proper focusing screen for my Hasselblad 503CW, I am so tired of misfocusing all the time.
    Right now, I do have some kind of matte-screen with a split prism in the middle, but I find it very hard to focus with (I do a lot of portraiture and still-animal shooting).

When I've got the dang split-prism thing correct, the subject tend to move a little before I can take the shot and woops, out of focus...
    The matte-part of the screen seem to be "ok" concerning focus, but the split screen thing in the middle tend to distract -a lot-, so I am looking for an Acute-matte D with nothing what so ever in the middle.

However, B&H doesn't have this version and I cannot seem to find places that sell this online.

Any good tip on where to get such a focusing screen for my Hasselblad?
    As far as I know, the Acute-matte D is supposed to be better than Brightscreen, yes?

Expensive stuff though, should be standard with the Hasselblad IMO...
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a 503CW, the screen in it should already be an Acute matte D, I think. So, unless somebody has swapped it around, a new screen won't be brighter, although you should be able to get a different version without the split-image rangefinder (I really like the split image myself).

I would recommend contacting the ProCentre in London for info on getting the screen you want - they still deal direct with Hasselblad I think, and I always found them pretty helpful.

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    KEH.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you already have the Accute Matte D with the split prism. If you want one without the split prism look at the big auction site, there's usually many screens on sale there. It is the Accute Matte D that is hard to find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, thank you =)
    - Yes, the screen currently on my hassy is bright enough, but the split-thing really slows down my focusing and making it cumbersome to operate.

I have a clean screen with nothing in the middle on my Mamiya RZ67 pro II and focusing with that one is extremely easy compared to my Hasselblad.
    - Unfortunately, that has also had the effect that my Hassy often stays unused, while I bring the RZ67 pro II out with me instead.

(And we can't have that now can we? ).

Thanks for the tips.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or try to focus around the center and recompose once in-focus. Save the split center for tricky situations.
    I do this with my split center screen (Maxwell on Autocord), though if I was purchasing again, I would be skipping the split center.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin