Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,375   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help needed on MAMIYA C330 CDS Finder

Hello,
    I would appreciate any info on finding a replacement eyecup for my C330 CDS finder.
    Mine went bye bye .... LOL, and is a bit hard to look through without any eyecup because of the light that comes from the sides.
    Thanks for your help.
    Theo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The eyecup on mine went away years ago, I've found I really don't need it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    maybe a DIY fix?

Use a combination of a soft plastic to give the shape, and a ubber cover to make it soft against the eye.

Plastic, of the sort found in margarine/yohgurt container lids to act as the former to give shape to an overlayer. I have cut, shaped and stitched the stuff before.

Also consider make a wood mold whittled to shape, and then sag the plastic over it in a cool oven.

Then use self amalgamating rubber electrical insulating tape to build on top of the formed plastic.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Currently I am using one "borrowed" from my F1 with a diy adaptor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by theo120mm View Post
    Hello,
    I would appreciate any info on finding a replacement eyecup for my C330 CDS finder.
    Mine went bye bye .... LOL, and is a bit hard to look through without any eyecup because of the light that comes from the sides.
    Thanks for your help.
    Theo
    Make your own fomr a rubbler lens hood. Find the correct size n take it off the lens hood flange with acetone or nail polish remover, they are only on with cyano glue.

Once you have it off, mount it on the original flange of the finder grove with crazy glue.

AS good as new n maybe better!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin