Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,688   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody GAS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bloody GAS

Now I've done it. ANOTHER Camera! Been half hankering after a 645. I love the image quality of my old Yashica 635 but want to try using a prism finder equipped 645 out in the field.

Just landed a Mamiya 645J with both 55m and 80mm lenses and metered prism (CDS so uncoupled) for £150. I think it's an OK deal (and I get to collect so OT doesn't see it arrive and I can avoid the awkward questions, hee hee). Haven't got it yet, so hope its OK. I know its the "bare" model with only 500 shutter and no interchangeable back, but don't think that's going to be a problem for me. Anybody any tips?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good price n a nice camera kit that wil make you very happy.

Now what should I get next?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a Mamiya 645 model (the first one, not the "J") for over 30 years--never had a problem. More robust than my M3. Get the 45m 2.8 wideangle. It's a winner.
    Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an older plain 645 it's similar to the J, also have a 1000S, but I doubt I've used a shutter speed faster than 1/250 in 30 years. My cameras both need servicing unfortunately the 1000S went to Johnsons Photopia twice but came back with more issues than it went with plus damage.

These are real work-horse cameras I used mine day in day out professionally for many years and I bought them second-hand. I prefer two cameras over inter-changeable backs.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "(and I get to collect so OT doesn't see it arrive and I can avoid the awkward questions, hee hee)"

My partner takes no interest in my cameras so I am always shocked when she sees a "new" camera in my hands and knows I have just bought it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Pssst... Wanna buy a Linhof Technical cheap ??

There might even be a DeVere 504 coming up for sale next week...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You rock Mr Rusty!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My GAS isn't killing me, just ruining my bank account. I've managed to acquire no less than NINE working cameras this year, plus at least one that is headed for the bin.

I have a pair of 645 Pros. While I enjoy having the interchangeable backs, I'm pretty sure I could make do without if I had to. Not sure I'd want to carry both of those things around with me though.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    My GAS isn't killing me, just ruining my bank account. I've managed to acquire no less than NINE working cameras this year, plus at least one that is headed for the bin.

I have a pair of 645 Pros. While I enjoy having the interchangeable backs, I'm pretty sure I could make do without if I had to. Not sure I'd want to carry both of those things around with me though.
    Someone has to make the sacrifice that you did to stimulate the economy. If everyone sits on their hands things will never get better. Be proud that you did your part.

The rest of you get off your duff and pump out the GAS!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bloody GAS? man I'd get to the emergency roon post haste!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin