Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,593   Online: 700

Thread: Mamiya Pro TL

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya Pro TL

I have a Mamiya Pro TL with 5 backs and I have this continuing problem with not getting more than 3 shots before the shutter release stops working. I've changed motor drives and I've changed the batteries in the motor drives and still I can't any more than 3 shots. I generally have to turn the camera off wait a few minutes before I can get anymore shots. Any ideas other than the possibility that all of my backs are defective or is this just an inherent quirk with this system?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

To the best of my knowledge, yours is not a common problem.

Which battery are you using in the camera, and have you tried a new one?

Which version of the motor drive are you using?

Have you tried using a manual advance crank?

I guess there may be a possibility that the problem is with the interlock linkage in the camera body.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nevermind. The problem was as usual, operator error. I changed the battery in the camera which I thought was fresh and now it seems to function properly. Thanks for your help.
    pushpin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad it worked out to be okay.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin