Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,973   Online: 892

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't be very hard to program something like that at all- there's already several light meter apps for the iPhone. wouldn't be hard to modify one of them to let you select a film type and automatically curve the exposure.
    Using an iphone as a meter is yet another example of needless and counterproductive complication.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would recommend the Gossen Digi Pro F , it has a 30 degree acceptance for reflected light, it's lightweight,slim and pocketable, very quick and easy to use, runs off a single AA battery, has an analogue as well as a digital display to 1/10th of a stop, and has a way of easily assessing scene contrast, above all it's deadly accurate
    http://www.wexphotographic.com/Home/...lid=CJOc-vvirb
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-11-2012 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the tip onto the Gossen DigiPro F. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed my choices down to the Sekonic L-408, L-308S, and the Gossen DigiPro F. Considering these are all in my budget, which one do you guys feel would be the best bang for the buck?

Also, as an engineer, I wouldn't mind coming up with a little light meter that accounts for reciprocity it actually wouldn't be too difficult, you could perform a curve-fitting analysis on each films reciprocity curve, and then use the function to interpolate and convert the metered readings through the function, and output the accounted-for exposure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get Gossen Digisix and spend the rest money on film and paper.

Reflective Metering: Can follow Minor White's technique to start with.

Incident Metering: BTZS.

Viele Gruesse.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=BrianShaw;1391913]There is nothing that beats an old Luna Pro for low light metering. Decent ones, plus the battery converter, will be well within your price range. Reflected plus incident reading.

I agree.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    Thanks for the tip onto the Gossen DigiPro F. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed my choices down to the Sekonic L-408, L-308S, and the Gossen DigiPro F. Considering these are all in my budget, which one do you guys feel would be the best bang for the buck?

Also, as an engineer, I wouldn't mind coming up with a little light meter that accounts for reciprocity it actually wouldn't be too difficult, you could perform a curve-fitting analysis on each films reciprocity curve, and then use the function to interpolate and convert the metered readings through the function, and output the accounted-for exposure
    If your need is for something pocketable, the L308. If you need something that can do the spot as well as incident and reflected, and you need something a bit more rugged, the 408.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    If your need is for something pocketable, the L308. If you need something that can do the spot as well as incident and reflected, and you need something a bit more rugged, the 408.
    How does the Gossen Digipro F stack up to each of these in your opinion?

I will also look into the Luna Pro meter as well, thanks for the heads up guys!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've never used the Gossen, so I have no opinion about it. My only concern would be the way the light-reading dome sticks out - it looks to me as if it has the potential to break off more easily because it pivots 180 degrees and swivels 360 degrees. I'll leave owners of that meter to comment on the durability/fragility of that component. Otherwise, it looks like a very competent, easy to use meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as the Digisix, I see it only can meter down to about a 4 second exposure. I would prefer a meter that can calculate slower than this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    As far as the Digisix, I see it only can meter down to about a 4 second exposure. I would prefer a meter that can calculate slower than this.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/goss...isix/index.htm

There is a tricks to read it till ~ -9 EV, please read the above review.

@ISO 100, -1 EV = 2 mins f/8
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin