Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,648   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My only camera for personal work for the past 11 years has been a Mamiya 7 with 65mm lens loaded with Delta 400 rated at 200 in Thornton's two-bath developer.

I love it! - suits what I like to do perfectly. Every image on my website was shot with this combination.

With an old bakelite shoulder brace I can consistently shoot shake free images at 1/15 when depth of field / dark shadows require it.

Anyone not happy with a Mamiya 7 is welcome to send it to me - I will give it a very good home.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post

" "You need a project, dude. Not bonding to cameras relates to not knowing what to take pictures of. Start torturing yourself over a project that's hard and you'll stop disliking your camera and start kicking your own ass. Works for me!"
    Can only agree with this quote. I use a number of cameras for different things (Pentax 67II, Mamiya 7II, Fotoman 617) and all have +'s and -'s.

If I'm losing my focus / sense of purpose on a project (I always have several photographic projects on the go) then I'll notice more about the gear, instead of what I want the gear to help me do. Cameras are tools, well-loved and sometimes quirky, but tools nonetheless...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to have a Mamiya 7, it's faultless as a technical object, but it's plastic build makes it unlovable for me. However, I do agree that the key is taking photos, I find when I'm hankering after cameras, I'm actually hankering after improving my photography.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I can agree with this. I guess I really need to think of a project to get me into the handheld, spontaneous photo mindset.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cameras like different things. I can't shoot architecture or landscape with my Leica, but I do with my Mamiya 7. The mamiya 7 is not crazy about people or portraits, but the Leica and RZ67 like them.

My most loved camera is the Mamiya 7 by far and is the one I use the most. I love it so much, I'll have to buy a second one at some point so please do let us know if you do sell :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had an M7 II with 50mm and 80mm lenses and sold it a couple of years back.
    And then I missed it. What a pain it was to haul an RZ67 on a long hike.
    So... I bought one back and now have the 43mm and 80mm lenses to pair with it.

It is a bit of a weird system - and I much prefer the Bronica RF645 camera body, but I'm looking to sell the Bronica in favor of the M7 II. Which is a whole lot of photo making camera in a light package.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I guess the feel of a camera is important to me and helps inform my photo choices. I mean, the 6x17 makes me see the world differently and I seek out things I normally would never photograph....wet plate equally. So maybe making that mental jump to using the M7II for some other subject is difficult for me. I bought it for hiking and maybe now I should try something more close to home.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I have yet to sell off the last of my M7 gear because I suspect that I will miss it when it is gone.
    Jonathan
    You did right by saving *some* of your Mamiya 7 kit. You will pat yourself on the back one day for your 'moderation'.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin