Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,069   Online: 1216

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have no idea about the technical and performance aspects of the new Rolleiflex TLR, but as an object of design it's a pale shadow of its illustrious ancestors. I'm thinking in particular of the Automat MX-EVS and the later D, E and F series. These dinosaurs were the best technology of their times and are still very capable. Except for the collector's models, they can be had for relatively small money compared to new production, even factoring in restoration costs. Nevertheless, it's good news to see a new Rolleiflex TLR on offer, even if the market for it appears somewhat rarefied.
    Last edited by prumpkah; 09-11-2012 at 08:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beggars can't be choosy - with film & analogue camera choices diminishing daily, I think this is awesome, and were I extremely better-paid, I'd buy 'em (and a Fujifilm 6x7 (both versions))...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After thirty years people are still arguing over Planar vs Xenotar. Now we have the S-Apogon. Maybe they are looking to sell this to people that already have 2.8F with the older lenses (like me). It does make me want to try it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It seems that it focuses at 55 cm which is significantly closer than the previous Xenotar or Planar version 2.8s. I am very curious about it. My FX focuses just under a meter with the Planar. So what is it?
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´m pretty curious about the new lens design too. At first I thought they just re-named the Planar because of legal issues, but it seems like a totally different one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm guessing it's a renamed lens formula and not some new design, like they did with the last new wide version the last time it came out.

Nice and pretty cameras but I think a decent 2.8E or F with a full-blown visit to Harry Fleenor would put a shooter in just as good a position to make great photos with an awesome TLR and far cheaper.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm still quite happy with my MX-EVS, however, I applaud the launching of any new film camera on today's market. Some people just don't know what they're missing in this digital age.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Nice and pretty cameras but I think a decent 2.8E or F with a full-blown visit to Harry Fleenor would put a shooter in just as good a position to make great photos with an awesome TLR and far cheaper.
    True that. As gadgets, the Ds, Es and Fs are just cooler as well. You could get one of each for less than a new FX-N, take great pics and not have to worry about babying the gear. But if ya gotta have a new one, go for it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think I figured out what they did. I think they adapted the 80mm lens to the FT focus mechanism and front. That gives it just a bit more extension which allows a bit closer focus. Looks to be bay 4 like FTs and FWs. It pretty much negates the need for a Rolleinar #1.... or maybe makes a #1 focus nearly as close as a #2 on the regular F.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin