Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,795   Online: 871

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whatever, they must think film will be around for a while or they wouldn't invest the money in new cameras. Lomography has an article too: http://www.lomography.com/magazine/n...s_sidebar_text
    Rollei does market film under their name. I don't know who makes it, but maybe they will invest in Kodak's film line. Any way that works if fine with me - I just like film better than digital.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > Rollei does market film under their name.

That is not the camera company. The name Rollei was bought by Maco. This company doen not produce fillms. It sells respooled aerographic and traffic films, and may be some other types, using the name Rollei.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > Rollei does market film under their name.

That is not the camera company. The name Rollei was bought by Maco. This company doen not produce fillms.
    Hello Uwe,

it is different, a bit more complicated:

The current owner of the Rollei brand name is RCP-Technik:

http://www.rcp-technik.com/typo3/ind...ollei-home&L=1

They license the Rollei name to Maco Photo Products for films, paper, chemistry

and license the Rolleiflex name to

DHW Fototechnik (the former original Rollei / Franke&Heidecke in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, Germany) http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/ .

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know about when this camera hits the market,
    and at what price?

Shooter
    35mm
    As for the FXn I would guess price comparable to the existing FX. E.g. >$5000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Dennis,

I've been at Photokina and had a long and very interesting talk about the new cameras with Mr Schönrock of DHW at their booth.

Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I think I figured out what they did. I think they adapted the 80mm lens to the FT focus mechanism and front. That gives it just a bit more extension which allows a bit closer focus.
    Well yes, the current FX has a new focus machanism which allows a closer minimal focus. The new focus mechanism is similar to the one used in the Tele-Rolleiflex FT.
    The optical design of the lens is the same (Planar).
    The new lens name "S-Apogon" is now used because the licence agreement had expired.

The demand for the Rolleiflex TLRs has been very stable over the years, and is recently just slightly increasing. The highest demand comes from Asia, especially from Japan, where these cameras have always been very popular.

DHW has been very satiesfied with the interest for their products at Photokina. Interest was much better than expected. For the new, improved Hy6, too.
    He told me that about 35% of the Hy6 customers are (also) using the Hy6 with film.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It looks in the pictures that the FX-N is bay 4. Is that true?
    Now my brown leather FX is just another old Rollei!
    Dennis

Thanks for the info Henning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Couldn't agree more!! Love shooting my T model. It blows the doors off of any main stream digi.

ToddB

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    It looks in the pictures that the FX-N is bay 4. Is that true?
    I think the reason for using Bayonet IV is that the front is of the same type as on the Tele and it extends a bit further out, so the lens is deeper inside the front. Bayonet III would cause vignetting.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin