Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,748   Online: 886

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apart from the various and valid points already made, I would like to point out that the non K/L lenses do not have the second remote socket, with exposures longer than a second you will have to turn the ring or operate the cocking lever to close the shutter, whereas you just use the second cable on the lens on the K/L's. Depending on your style of shooting and personal preference this might be an issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When using the T function I generally use the lens cap over it then just cock the shutter or move the speed ring to reset.

The 50mm will focus as colse as a few inches to inf at ƒ32 since the bellows of the RBs can be over extended by 43mm, you already have a built in extension tube, which is one of the nice features of the RB that other camera can't do.

The floating lens can be set to inf n left alone without any ill effect. It eliminates (ever so slightly) the barreling at the corners of the image. If you are very fussy, play with it by setting the distance of your subject.

also get teh user manual for the RB. It has the lenses n their DOF scales.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_...67_pro-s-2.pdf
    Last edited by paul ron; 09-17-2012 at 08:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    that is something I hadn't thought about - I do generally use a cable release to end a T exposure, but Paul Ron's suggestion of putting something over the lens would work. Is that feasible at smaller time exposures though? I can see it working well for multi minute exposures, but what about 4 or 6 seconds?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    that is something I hadn't thought about - I do generally use a cable release to end a T exposure, but Paul Ron's suggestion of putting something over the lens would work. Is that feasible at smaller time exposures though? I can see it working well for multi minute exposures, but what about 4 or 6 seconds?
    Yes, I always have a Mamiya ruber lens hood attached and carry a black stocking cap with me which I use to cover the lens before cocking the shutter. I've done it without issue for exposures as short as two seconds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waltereegho View Post
    I shot this with the 65mm C:

(Adox CHS 50 in Rodinal, green filter)

Don't worry about the older lens coatings. As you can see, I shot it directly against the sun (no lens hood), and there's no flare to speak of. If you decide to get the 65mm, consider the C as a much cheaper but equally impressive alternative to the K/L.
    First of all, I remember this picture from the gallery, it's in my favorites. FANTASTIC!!!

Secondly, I have all C lenses (including the 65mm C which you used for this picture). The C versions are multi-coated. The older NON-C lenses are single coated, I used to have a couple and they were much more prone to flare.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Shawn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin