Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,239   Online: 770

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

CF lens question

I recieved a new Hasselblad kit earlier today that I bought off the Apug classifieds!

I think i'm in love, the mechanical feel of precision is all over this camera, and i already have a roll of film hanging to dry

However I do have a quick question about CF lenses... What does the F shutter speed setting do? Is it for Flash? Wouldn't that be really redundant with leaf-shutter lenses?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The CF lenses can be used on the focal-plane bodies.

The F setting disables the in-lens leaf shutter but leaves the aperture control functional, allowing the focal plane shutter to be used.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on your new purchase! There's nothing like the sound of the shutter on an all mechanical camera. I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Ernst Wildi's Hasselblad Manual. A great resource for us Hasselblad owners.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin