Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,639   Online: 1137

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm sure there are those who will dispute the Provia preference, especially the resolution fetishists (Velvia IS one of the highest-resolution films ever made), but I'll take more natural color any day. I've also been gravitating toward Kodak films lately - I'm not happy with the preponderance of green in Fuji emulsions. But then again I mostly shoot negative films, so I have the ability to tweak that far more than you can with a transparency film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I keep repeating myself here, but projected, Kodak films look better hands down, no doubt about it. It's a crying shame what has happened.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for the information and your opinions of film choices.

I have some 30 glass slides waiting at my front door as we speak. Will look at getting some more too.

Hatchetman, I want to address you use of Kodak films specifically here. For the most part, I have always used Kodak films in all my 35mm and 120 cameras. Recently, given the problems with Kodak and reading about some shortages, I am almost afraid to fall in love with Ektachrome just to have the rug pulled from under my feet.....silly thinking?? (I think I have around 3 rolls of Ektachrome in the fridge, I need to get the camera out!).

Bob
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    Thanks everyone for the information and your opinions of film choices.

I have some 30 glass slides waiting at my front door as we speak. Will look at getting some more too.

Hatchetman, I want to address you use of Kodak films specifically here. For the most part, I have always used Kodak films in all my 35mm and 120 cameras. Recently, given the problems with Kodak and reading about some shortages, I am almost afraid to fall in love with Ektachrome just to have the rug pulled from under my feet.....silly thinking?? (I think I have around 3 rolls of Ektachrome in the fridge, I need to get the camera out!).

Bob
    Not silly at all, all Ektachrome was already discontinued earlier this year. Kodak is out of the E6 market. Your choices are Fuji and the Rollei 200 film. Plus, of course, remaining stock of Ektachrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I'm sure there are those who will dispute the Provia preference, especially the resolution fetishists (Velvia IS one of the highest-resolution films ever made), but I'll take more natural color any day. I've also been gravitating toward Kodak films lately - I'm not happy with the preponderance of green in Fuji emulsions. But then again I mostly shoot negative films, so I have the ability to tweak that far more than you can with a transparency film.
    I can't say I obsess about MTF curves Scott but I know both Velvia 100 have the same granularity of PMS 8, all I can say as one who shoots very little landscape that in both 135 and 120 that when I project Provia in either format on my 50"X 50" white screen I'm very happy indeed with the sharpness and lack of granularity of the results, although I deeply regret the demise of Kodak reversal films there will soon be very little other choice
    Last edited by benjiboy; 10-05-2012 at 06:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin