Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,735   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Rollei P66 dual projector

Looked at the Gotchsman, but even if you shell out the $$, the model with trays is 6x7 only. There are new P66 duals which look very slick, and Im happy with the square format limitation (my gf670 does both).

Going to pull the trigger in this next month. 35mm looks wonderful on my Leica w/Colorplan projetor. Someone tell me this will indeed look awesome?

Daniel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I saw a slide show done with the Hassy PCP-80 projector. It's like watching an IMAX movie. Even when projected 15 feet x 15 feet. It'll blow your mind.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, what I wanted to hear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a Rollei 120 projector for more than twenty years, and 6X6 Fuji Velvia and Provia projected on a big screen will knock your socks off.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Its interesting digital on a 1080p prohector looks very sharp and contrasty, but I have some photos from the mountain in Capetown on 35mm Astia shot with an old M6, and the small details, even when projected get you out of your seat to stand inches from the screen. Its like a giant google maps.

It was then I realised the benefit of so called "low contrast" fine details that film has, and why its lpm measurements etc arnt simple to dismiss.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I decided to get an old P11 to try this medium format slide thing out. Can't wait to try my first roll of Velvia. I figure if I really like it, I might take the plung into a Hassy projector, boy they sure are expensive.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You´ll be overwhelmed ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    Its interesting digital on a 1080p prohector looks very sharp and contrasty, but.

Today's consumer digital projectors are PATHETIC! They cannot provide the full detail of even a 4 MPixel camera from eight years ago or even equal a 3MPixel cell phone camera! 1920x1080 = 2.07 MPixels

It takes a $30k digital projector in movie theaters to equal what our cameras can deliver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quick question. How would a Rollei Dual compare to a Leica P300 for 35mm? Its an option to sell my Leica since the Rollei can do MF and 35mm. Also, I don't know which of the Rollei projector lenses are good. I use a super-colorplan with my Leica.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Depending on the lens you have for the Rollei, you may not be able to project your 35mm as large as you'd like because the lens will be too long. I don't know what lenses they made for the Rollei- if it was meant to be a dual-purpose projector, I would assume they have shorter lenses for 35mm along with the longer lenses for 2 1/4. I know the Hassy PCP-80 had three lenses for it, but they were all for 2 1/4 slides.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin