Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,971   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hey Guys.. I got my Rollei today. I need some help understanding light meter.

Hey guys,

I'm not clearly understanding how this light meter work on this camera. On the dial on outside meter , there a red box with number and on the same dial there a opening with numbers with no red box. From I can tell one is for Reflective and incident light. What does the number connect with. Help?

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What model Rollei?
    Logan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    T Model..

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Circa 1959

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm not clearly understanding how this light meter work on this camera. On the dial on outside meter , there a red box with number and on the same dial there a opening with numbers with no red box. From I can tell one is for Reflective and incident light. What does the number connect with. Help?

Todd
    It is reflective only. There will be a place to set the ASA/DIN film speed, and a scale of EV which you transfer to the linked shutter and aperture dials. EV is given in the window on top of the front housing just above the taking lens. Try finding an online owners manual, these cameras all have their quirks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got the ASA set.. The dial reads from 1 -18. Looked at Burkus site and found user manual, but these are as clear as mud.

Todd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There should be a little switch on the top of the camera, on the same side as the meter knob. Flipping this switch should conceal or reveal a little red dot. This is to switch between high brightness and low brightness range for the meter. If you are metering in dim light, flip the switch so the red dot is exposed. You should see the meter needle swing down further toward the back of the camera. When the red dot is exposed, take your readings from the red window on the dial (the opening toward the back/bottom of the camera). You'll get a number in that window, like 7 or 8. In the high range setting, you'll get numbers more like 12, 13 or 14 in the top/front/white window. Use that to set the EV on the front of the camera. Does that make it clearer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    There should be a little switch on the top of the camera, on the same side as the meter knob. Flipping this switch should conceal or reveal a little red dot. This is to switch between high brightness and low brightness range for the meter. If you are metering in dim light, flip the switch so the red dot is exposed. You should see the meter needle swing down further toward the back of the camera. When the red dot is exposed, take your readings from the red window on the dial (the opening toward the back/bottom of the camera). You'll get a number in that window, like 7 or 8. In the high range setting, you'll get numbers more like 12, 13 or 14 in the top/front/white window. Use that to set the EV on the front of the camera. Does that make it clearer?
    I don't think the T has the hi/low range meter. Edit - Nope, I was wrong. I just looked at the manual, it's very clearly written. Page 30 and on deals with the meter. Page 16 deals with setting EV on the aperture and shutter dials.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 09-19-2012 at 01:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes.. now.. that I have part clear.. On the front of the camera there two sets of numbers. One is is for for F and T Fstop and Time. I understand. just left of that, there a set of number that you discribed. with that said. There is a black arrow that points to the numbers got that that.. there is no center point in this area. so there a 5 number swing. Do put the arrow on the first number that shows in this area? Or do i put the arrow in the center of the area? Also how do I know this is zero'd?

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See page 16 of the manual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin