Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,055   Online: 832

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    As I understand it, F&H had discontinued the T but the British military convinced them to make one more run so it could be their military camera. They did and put the Xenar on. I have seen them occasionally on ebay.
    Dennis
    Do you know anything regarding the use of rare earth glass in the Tessars? I've heard they used a lanthanum element to improve corrections. Mine was a very good performer, to put it mildly.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Do you know anything regarding the use of rare earth glass in the Tessars? I've heard they used a lanthanum element to improve corrections. Mine was a very good performer, to put it mildly.
    I don't know anything about that but I do know that I have a photo buddy and we have done a lot of shooting the same stuff together, including studio portrait stuff. He shoots with a T (tessar) and I shoot either an FX Planar or an F with Xenotar and the quality and sharpness he gets seems identical to what I get.

Dennis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin