Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,687   Online: 733

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ran my first roll throught T Model

Hey guys,

I ran a roll through my new (old) T model 3.5. Absolutly amazing detail. The images were pin sharp and the exsposure was right on and far as density. Very consistant throught the whole roll. Frames were evenlly spaced and Had to pic uo a lens cap at local camera store. It's a aluminuim cap with toggle. It's no wonder these cameras are being scooped up. I encloded a pic of a bunch of discarded boxes. Granted I had to compress image to import. But it gives you the idea.

Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img124Small.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool!

I don't know if you used a tripod or not, but you'll really like what you get when using tripod and cable release.

What's going on in the lower right corner?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Cool!

I don't know if you used a tripod or not, but you'll really like what you get when using tripod and cable release.

What's going on in the lower right corner?
    Get a Tiltall. It's "the" tripod for a Rollei.

I've read that the T Tessars had a lanthanum element to improve corrections, I don't know if that's true but mine had the sharpest Tessar I've ever used.

Are you using the built in meter? Have you got the 16 exposure masks?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. The right side is the parking lot. That shot was exposed by using on board light meter. It has the Tessar lens on it. I have no masks yet. I'm piecing it together for what I need. What is the 16 exposure mask BTW? I did a couple studio shots in our studio at work. Wow.. did they turn out nice. We run a RB67 with digital back for work and the T model blew the doors of this in regards of quality. I bought Rollei body case on line for 60.00 buck the other day. It's brand new and has never been used. It's like hunting for treasure.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. The right side is the parking lot. That shot was exposed by using on board light meter. It has the Tessar lens on it. I have no masks yet. I'm piecing it together for what I need. What is the 16 exposure mask BTW? I did a couple studio shots in our studio at work. Wow.. did they turn out nice. We run a RB67 with digital back for work and the T model blew the doors of this in regards of quality. I bought Rollei body case on line for 60.00 buck the other day. It's brand new and has never been used. It's like hunting for treasure.

Todd
    The mask allows you to make 16 6x4.5cm frames per roll, there are two masks one for the film gate and one for the viewfinder. It's covered in the directions. The T came only with the Tessar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Awesome. I completley blown away about the quality.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whats the story with a Tessar lens?

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Whats the story with a Tessar lens?

Todd
    The Tessar is a classic four element three group lens design, dating from 1902. It was first calculated by Dr Paul Rudolph for Carl Zeiss, Jena. It can be considered a descendant of the Cooke Triplet.

edit -
    The Tessar type lenses have been used on just about every format from 8mm cine to 16"x20" and beyond, they are one of the great classic lens designs.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 09-20-2012 at 02:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 16 mask is a cool acessory and can be found on ebay at affordable prices. The 24 mask is not worth the time or money.

I don't know the T very well. Does it have a removable counter? I use the 16 mask on a Rolleicord Vb, which has a removable counter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The mask shifts the counter from 12 to 16. There's a little index tab in the film gate area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin