Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,581   Online: 978

Shooter
    Medium Format

dressing up a Rolleicord...

Playing around with the laser cutter at work. Thin leather, sealed, glued in place with shellac. The red is actually softer and richer than it appears here. Lambskin so it has some give and softness and grip. I've also done a white version. A black 3.5E might be next!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8007925503_9b9869137a.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	57495

Name:	8007924949_99b3d2d2d8.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	57496

Name:	7910818240_2eb200aeee.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	57497

Shooter
    35mm
    That's rrreally nice! The back on the red camera could use even thinner leather, it seems a bit thicker than needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, you should do that to every camera...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Dan, tarted up cameras turn me right off.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Understood, benjoboy. I couldn't carry one myself. I like to overhaul and sell Rolleis and other TLRs. Trying leather made sense, and trying color made sense. I live in a city where TLRs are popular among a certain age group, and they seem to like the difference. I justify it by saying that the leather is quality, the cutting is good, and the application is solid. So I am not trashing the camera or doing any damage to the underlying mechanism.

Once I finish one, I hope to sell it and get it out of my sight quickly!

MFStooges, the back presents a bit of a problem for me. The back edge is stamped without the harder edges of other machined places. For some reason, this width had worked fine on a previous camera, but on this one it fell more on the edge rise.
    Last edited by Dan Daniel; 09-21-2012 at 09:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Me too. But that red one doesn't look bad at all, and they're both well done. Hopefully the OP is selling to hipsters and gouging them deeply.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Me too. But that red one doesn't look bad at all, and they're both well done. Hopefully the OP is selling to hipsters and gouging them deeply.
    Someone's catching on!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin