Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,060   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yes!, slightly damp cloth is best. I would be wary of any lens tissue that contains alcohol, as it might remove/damage the surface. Alcohol certainly removes the colour coating on Ilford under-lens filters! Don't ask me how I know...........

"leather" is a very generic term. Much leather these days is "colour coated" or even laminated with a "plastic" surface. The body of the fabric might even be compressed leather fibres that have previously been macerated with adhesive and is "leather" only to the extent that there is some animal protein in there (bit like cheap burgers). Coated and finished leather is designed to be waterproof up to a point and resist stains, and most "leather" restoring products won't penetrate. I have no idea what "leather" rollei originally used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Also.. How about Kodak lens tissue for wiping lens?

Todd
    Yes. Use a good proprietary lens cleaning fluid, too, and follow directions in the Rollei owner's manual for cleaning.
    You best approach is to keep the caps on the lens at all times you are not actually using the camera.
    More lenses - by a very wide margin - are damaged by improper cleaning than by any other cause.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A good article on lens cleaning. Written for telescopes, but they are absolute fanatics compared to photographers. A selling point for many telescopes is 'never been cleaned,' meaning the chance of micro-scratches is minimal. Of course, they are usually used in calmer conditions, less wind and dust, etc.-

http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3_page.asp?id=103

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin