Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Medium Format

P66E projector worth getting over P11?

I have a used P11 in very good condition considering sitting infront of me. I know the P66 is much newer.....is it worth the money to say in the $700-1000 region?

Appreciate anyone's comments.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the P11 also and find the projected image to be super. Now, I don't believe the P66 would make them any better, but it might make showing slides a tad easier. I don't use a slide projector enough to warrant and upgrade from the P11 so I'll stay where I am, but you might be different. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The P66 halogen lamp is cheap and easy to get, whereas the P11 lamp is more expensive and rare.

This being the MF forum, the P11 ability to project those smaller slides is of no importance, probably...

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    The P66 halogen lamp is cheap and easy to get, whereas the P11 lamp is more expensive and rare.

This being the MF forum, the P11 ability to project those smaller slides is of no importance, probably...

Regards,

Sven
    Still nice to have the ability to check out a random 35mm slide or two, but truth is there are better/easier 35mm slide projectors out there for the cheap. So, just have one for medium format and one for 35mm.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin