Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,871   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Basically I stand with the "process it now " camp but I have gotten into this situation before where for whatever reason i needed to use/save the whole roll (eg rare film, short on film, broke). Treat it as two rolls of film. In the dark open the camera cut off the exposed film and load it on the reel and then in the dark fumble around reloading your camera ;-) You will have a hunk of the paper to tell you what is left. Even if you do it smoothly you will loose a couple of shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the future ....

Most of my cameras have an accessory shoe. I usually tear off and fold up the end of the film box in a way that allows it to be wedged in the accessory shoe with a hint of the film type showing. Otherwise, 250sb's marker and masking tape is good.

If it were me, I'd go in the darkroom and roll it back to the beginning, look at it and reload and advance an extra frame (the beauty of the older cameras is that they are easy to fool when necessary!)

Shooter
    35mm
    My little Zeiss Nettar has an accessory shoe. That is where I fold the film box end and slip it in. But for now I'd just shoot at 100 and push or pull development as suggested.

Looks like DW beat me to the post button.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rodinal stand dev!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been there; done that. There isn't too much of a loss, dollar-wise, so I stand with the "take it out and process it... and mark it next time" crowd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oh $hit. What do I do now?

I've done this before. Just shoot at 100 and when you figure out what it is when you take the roll out of the camera develop appropriately. Or toss it and load a new roll.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, I'm not cheap! I'm thrifty. But thanks, anyway.

I discovered this by opening it to put in a new roll, so the 1st 3 shots are ruined. A check of the shutter and aperture settings suggests it's either PANF or FP4. So, I'll just shoot remaining 9 at 100. That's a good idea about stuffing the box end into the accessory shoe, if your camera has one. This Compur shutter doesn't even have a flash sync.

Thanks to all.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Happens to me all too often. I note the frame number. Put the camera into a changing bag and remove both the roll and takeup spool and wind the film back onto the roll so I can see what I have loaded. Then I reload the camera and try to use it before I forget again.

If you don't have a changing bag, a winter coat will work. Just make sure that you zip it up and fold it so all openings are covered. Then slide your arms into the sleeves. Do this in a darkened room – don't turn on the lights.

You can see that this has happened enough times that I have a procedure in place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's even easier if the only film you buy is ISO100 film...
    4x5 and a Tessar is heaven.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just shoot it a 100, and if it turns out to be 400 adjust the development. Not a big deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin