Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,907   Online: 973

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oh $hit. What do I do now?

I just discovered that I have a roll in my 1940's Zeiss folder but can't remember what it is. It could be Ilford PanF, FP4, HP5 or Delta 400. How can I know the difference or how can I shoot and get good results, no matter what it is? There are 10 shots left.

Gawd, how dumb is this?
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oh $hit. What do I do now?

If it has a window, pull it open and take a peak at the paper color/ number text. Or open up the camera in a darkroom or changing bag, roll the film back onto main roll and take out, reload and shoot two frames with lens cap, or cover on. 3 frames if the first two is important enough to ensure no overlaps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Or, if you don't want to open it, you could probably shoot the whole roll at EI 100. And then pull it slightly in development if it's HP5 or Delta, or push slightly if it's Pan F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is what masking tape and a permanent marker pen were invented for! But I think if you can't recognise the film by the backing paper the above suggestion will work fine. In fact if you got some DiXactol Ultra developer, use as a single bath, then the processing time for any type of film is pretty much the same. You really can put a roll of FP4 and a roll of HP5 in the same tank and get perfect results for each.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the problem is what speed to expose it for rather than develop it.

I would use EI 100. If it's Pan F, it will only need one stop push development and if it's Delta 400 or HP5, it will look fine pulled two stops. If it's FP4, then no problem!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or use Diafine, whatever film it is, this developer has almost same time of processing to any film [3-5min] under any temp range of standard [18-30C], that if i am correct, so that i bought this developer for emergency of some old or unknown B&W films un-opened.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quit being so frugal. I mean that in all seriousness.

Wind off the roll in the camera and develop.

Put in a new roll and go shoot.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Open the camera in darkroom/changing bag, tear off a small piece of the protective paper, big enough to identify the film, small enough to not ruin the entire film.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    really, why bother. i stand with markbarendt.
    or, if you care about the pics that are on it Ónd want to use the remaining: shoot at 100iso.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the folder has a red window and independant shutter cock then take it in the DR and rewind so it can be pulled and looked at. Then re-insert and wind back to where you left off. Otherwise I would have to agree with Mark and Maarten
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin