Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,364   Online: 1221

Shooter
    35mm

Hasselblad NC-2 Clone (Kiev-88)

Hi all,
    Looking at 45 degree non-TTL finders, and the NC-2 clones seem to be amongst the cheapest I can find.

Does anyone have any experience with this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Non-TTL-NC...-/130458498599

They look new and evidently must still be making them (or at least have a large stock of them), judging from the number sold and number available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From what i've read, they pick up a lot of internal reflections. Other than that, I don't know anything about them, other than that they work.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one and use it sometimes on my Kiev-80, which is the same camera as a Kiev-88 in almost every respect. I had to do a little custom metal removal with a file on the mounting flange of the prism finder to make it fit. It works, although I generally prefer the image quality of the standard waist level finder. The only real complaint I have for the waist level finder is its laterally reversed image.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm usually fine with waist level viewfinders (used Yashica Mat and Rolleiflex TLRs for a while now), just wanted to explore the options and I reckon a 45 degree finder would work quite well on a medium format SLR. Anyone else have any opinions on them? Price checking is difficult, they don't seem to sell many of the original or clones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an NC2 and a NC2 clone...haven't been able to see a difference....ever..

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm definitely going to be on the look out for one then, thanks! It's amazing how little they seem to pop up, they must be appreciated by their owners

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A regular NC2 is pretty cheap. Mine has some separation and was $25. It works fine. I don't even notice the separation.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    35mm
    They should be, but they seem to be cheaper in the US market than in the UK market (as with so many things, sadly).

I'm quite tempted to instead pick up the TTL/Spot metering prism from Kiev, the latest ones are made to work with 3 LR44/AG13 batteries and it would be nice to have a TTL meter (I have a handheld Sekonic but it does slow down things a bit).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin