Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,691   Online: 902

Shooter
    Large Format

Bronica RF645 with Nikon flash?

I have a Bronica RF645 and a Nikon SB27 speedlight....both are technological wonders. I wonder if the Nikon speedlight is compatible with the Bronica camera? The pins on the speed light look like they would line up with the pads on the camera's hot shoe...anybody know for sure if this combination is compatible?
    Last edited by BradS; 09-27-2012 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Sure, your Nikon flash will work fine in either manual or auto modes (no TTL, but I've never missed it).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks...I think I'll give it a try. Just need to know that doing this will not damage either the camera nor the flash.

...but TTL would be sweet! This speedlight on the FM3A is wonderful! (if a little bit top heavy)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does the (horizontal) orientation of the flash head work with the (vertical) orientation of the film gate?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Matt, the sb-27 head rotates. So, yeah, in the upright position both flash and film gate have the same orientation.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin