Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,986   Online: 680

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use a Lowepro Nova 3. You can adjust the middle chamber to exactly fit a Rollei and the side chambers are perfect for film and light meter and accessories. The outside pocket on the back is perfect size for passport and airline tickets.

I take a lot of vitamins and herbs and they mostly come with a silica gel pack. I have a tupperware container to hold my enlarger lenses in the basement and toss the gel packs in there and replace them now and then. The camera bag I keep up stairs where humidity is generally below 50%.
    Dennis

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Gel packs, as mentioned - don't really help for long. They'll end up getting saturated in short order and recycling them (via oven) is just a pain.

Best solution - whenever you're home, at the hotel, etc. just open the bag and let it air out. A closed, dark, damp bag with no air flow is a sure fire way to promote fungus. So store them open as well.

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Gel packs, as mentioned - don't really help for long. They'll end up getting saturated in short order and recycling them (via oven) is just a pain.

Best solution - whenever you're home, at the hotel, etc. just open the bag and let it air out. A closed, dark, damp bag with no air flow is a sure fire way to promote fungus. So store them open as well.

One minute or so in a microwave recharges the Dri Box. Yes they get saturated fast in a cloth bag, but they work great in cases.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I kind of figured you can use a microwave... Never tried it though.

Yeah, with cases (non-permeable) they work great. Once the air inside is dry, you're set. Nevertheless, as a consumer you buy a lot of things containing these packs, from shoes to electronics. Rather than throw them out, I just toss them in various camera/lens bags. Can't hurt, certainly.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Humidity In Camera bags?

Oh also I saw some of the silica packs online that change color when saturated in clear packages, this could also be a good solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin