Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,497   Online: 761

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not difficult to fabricate a strap if you have the fittings. The domke "gripper" straps have a wide center section and removable nylon end sections. If you need longer just replace the end sections.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any comments on the screen: Acute Matte vs Acute Matte D?

Do late 500cm's share the same screen as 501cm's?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regarding filters...I've been reasonably successful in getting original Hasselblad filters from Craigslist. It seems a bunch of folks around here who used to use 'blads packed bits away when they went digital.

Be aware that if you choose to use threaded filters and a bayonet adapter, you will not be able to use the Hasselblad bellows lens shade. It was acquiring one of these lens shades (and B50 and B60 adapters) that started me on my quest for original filters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    Regarding filters...I've been reasonably successful in getting original Hasselblad filters from Craigslist. It seems a bunch of folks around here who used to use 'blads packed bits away when they went digital.

Be aware that if you choose to use threaded filters and a bayonet adapter, you will not be able to use the Hasselblad bellows lens shade. It was acquiring one of these lens shades (and B50 and B60 adapters) that started me on my quest for original filters.
    Thanks!

I don't plan on bellow shades but that is very important information to know!

Shooter
    Large Format
    The OP/TECH Super Pro Strap "A" fits Hasselblad and it is adjustable from 40-48". It's a simple black strap with nice wide foam cushioning for your neck.

It sells at Adorama for $23.95 with free shipping.

You might also check Amazon and B&H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 67mm filters with an adapter. They work well, even with a short lens hood attached. I shoot most of my shots hand held, although using a tripod allows for more critical focusing. As far as the screen, my 501 came with a split image that I like. Since I wear glasses and hating trying to focus with them on, I take them off and use the split image to focus. This would not be possible with a matte screen. I also have the factory narrow strap. It is scary to carry such a big camera around with it, so I just have it incase I may drop the camera, it allows me to grab on to it better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second the recommendation of buying a bayonet adapter and the range of filter choices will open up for you. I'm personally not a fan of covering up the amazing Zeiss glass with another piece of glass. But when I do, I really love the ultra thin B+W and Heliopan filters on my 503CW.

I tend to shoot wide open from a lower vantage point and I need to use the magnifier to fine-focus. I do shoot handheld on occasion, but I personally rather a tripod to allow myself to pop up the magnifier, get my head down to the viewer, focus, get my head back up, and shoot. (More difficult for me to do if I'm hand holding and hoping that I don't move the camera). This may not be an issue for you, but it's food for thought. Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B60 filters can be pricey especially for the better brands such as Heliopan. I have found the quality of the Hasselblad filters worth the price.

I prefer and have the lenses of the following focal lengths: 38mm [SWC], 50mm, 80mm, 150mm and 250mm. I tried and did not buy the 60mm since I felt that I was too close to the 80mm. Another lens set that I like is the 38mm [SWC], 50mm, 100mm, 150mm and 250mm.

I shopped around and found stronger Hasselblad straps than the ones the OP tensions.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ARTISAN & ARTIST* ACAM-505 CAMERA STRAP. Believe me I tried many and this is the only one that does the job. It costs an arm and a leg -- around $75 but you can find a deal. Bottom line you get what you pay for. Absolutely a strap which does justice to the camera. It's long, supple, fully adjustable, easy to use as an anchor so you can shoot hand held, and the workmanship and material are the best of the best. You'll get your money's worth in the long run. I have three of them. Two black and gray and one red. They had a big booth at Photokina last month.

Specs
    Size : L37"~54" × W1.2" × T0.3" / 0.13lbs
Material : Acrylic / Leather

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 500 and a 501, but I unfortunately can't answer your question about screens as the 500 is 2500 miles away! Sorry!

As for straps. If you can get the clips, you can attach pretty well any strap you want to it. I bought the leather palm strap for a grip and took the fittings off it (they are the same as used on the camera body).

Handheld, a 501 kit can be wonderful, and that is mostly how I use mine. Of course they're great on a tripod as well. My 80mm is my favourite/most used lens. The distagon 50mm f4 is also a fantastic lens, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin