Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,250   Online: 778

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scan the negative. Use the clone stamp or healing wand to spot the scan. Then print the scan on a transparent material to make a digital negative. Then contact print that.

Hey, I didn't say you'd WANT to! (I certainly don't. I like Thomas's acronym LIMIWAC - Look I Made It Without A Computer!)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    But Roger, you'd still have possible dust spots between the digitally-produced negative and the paper. So you'd still have to spot the print...

No, the only way to digitally spot a print is make a computer-controlled spotter. After you'd identified the spots, it would then take care of the mechanical part of doing the spotting work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > The ways I am familiar with, none of which I've had success with:

4. Put a very small piece of black paper on the area of the spot before starting expose the paper.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Well, as soon as you figure out how I spot an 8x10 contact print digitally, you let me know.
    You use your digits to hold the spotting brushes/tools.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When you don't fill the tank as much as you should...

You still have printable shots. I did this tonight. Haven't done it since I used Paterson tanks 30 years ago.

I didn't have that much film to develop so instead of doing just one roll, I decided to do one 35mm and one 120.

I have no idea why I was thinking 12 ounces would cover both and 16 was plenty. Why don't I know by now how much it takes to cover 1 each of 35mm + 120 in a tall Nikor tank?

At least the 35mm roll was on the bottom. It got fully developed.

A partially submerged roll of 35mm is pretty much hosed.

But the MF has plenty of compositional opportunities, even though only 2/3 of the film was submerged. Many of the shots on tonight's roll will work out OK. Only a couple are ruined.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin