Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,056   Online: 912

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleiflex SL66E Backs

Does anyone know if a Rolleiflex SL66E can use the backs off a Straight Rolleiflex SL66? I would like to think they would. I know the meter will not function and perhaphs some other meter related functions. If you know, please send me and answer via email to whlogan@loganphotographics.com. Thanks so very much.
    Logan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Iīm pretty sure that the SL66E can use the normal backs!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks to all who answer in whatever manner! Can hardly wait to get my grubby little hands on this beast!!!
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SL 66 magazines can be used on all later cameras. The only restriction is that the inserts of SL66 and SL66E magazines must not be swapped between magazines but must stay in the magazine they are matched to.

Regards,

Sven

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Itīs a bad idea to swap SL66 magazine inserts anyway ;-) This can work at times, but sometimes it will cause the film feeler not working properly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just to clarify. Can SL66 backs also be used in the SL66SE? thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes they can. There is no difference between the E and SE in this regard. Old SL66 and E backs can both be used with the SE. SE backs had a little crank attacked instead of the film winding knob, but that was merely cosmetics. They are not different apart from that.

Quote from the manual: "The entire accessory range of the Rolleiflex SL66SE/SL66X can of course be used on the Rolleiflex SL66/SL66E models." It also works the opposite direction.

I donīt know however if the meter will work in this case, since you have to dial in the ISO speed on the magazine...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for that. Have a SL66SE and looking to get an additional back or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    Itīs a bad idea to swap SL66 magazine inserts anyway ;-) This can work at times, but sometimes it will cause the film feeler not working properly.
    As said, you may not swap inserts between SL66 and SL66 E camera backs, because the inserts are matched to the backs (to get the film feeler work correctly).

You can freely swap inserts between SL66 SE backs, because these do not have the feeler mechanism anyway. Those are the ones with the crank (so the difference is pretty essential, and not just cosmetical). It remains true that the backs can be exchanged and yes, the meter will not work if there is no ISO dial on the back.

Regards,

Sven

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin