Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,253   Online: 1002

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei ever ready case strap connection mod?

Hey guys,
    I was able to score on a beautiful Everyready case for my Rollei. However, it didn't come with a strap. After researching the original .... The alligator clips make me nervous. Also, the strap isn't long enough to go cross body. Does any one know of a mod with something readily available to use for strap connection? The connection point on the case doesn't allow room to slide on those small camera rings, which I would of preferred. It needs to a secure hold.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/150200...Red?cat_id=907

is what you need. It uses a loop of really really strong material instead of a metal loop -- I bought one and threaded it through the narrow space for the original rollei alligator clips -- much better for such a heavy camera, too, and easier to use than the rollei strap as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Made a good connector

Hey guys,

I made up a good connector out of those big paper clip thingies. The silver lever on those worked perfect. Also went as far as shrinked tubed it as well so it will the rubbing to a minimum. I have lots of room for any type of strap I want. A very secure fit. So if you have a Ready case for Rollei try it. It looks like it was already there.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was able to score on a beautiful Everyready case for my Rollei. However, it didn't come with a strap. After researching the original .... The alligator clips make me nervous. Also, the strap isn't long enough to go cross body. Does any one know of a mod with something readily available to use for strap connection? The connection point on the case doesn't allow room to slide on those small camera rings, which I would of preferred. It needs to a secure hold.

Todd
    The original attachments are perfectly secure. The strap isn't long enough to go across the body because you cannot use the camera that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a quick pic of the Mod.
    This will be bomb proof.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00002.JPG   DSC00001.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was considering an original strap, But couldn't get past the cost. There are so many nice leather straps on line to chose from. But I appreciate let me know that they very secure.

ToddB

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin