Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,938   Online: 997

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I have two cell phones that take D-pics.
    Vade retro satan!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you forget sunny 16, you can always get a tattoo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronpiazza/5345278610/
    put it on a shirt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spidermac/3551071869/
    or glue it to the back of the camera: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sunny16...57603720484762 (I love this personal anecdote of a 14 year old being told to stay away from bad whiskey and loose women, and the shitty weather sunny 16 rules).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyShots View Post
    You mean those, bad, bad digital cameras??? Are they even cameras?? Or photography??? Hehehhe...
    Yeah I was being silly. I did compare the Weston meter to my digital camera, and in fact it was useful in two ways. Getting used to an in-camera meter takes a while for me... and I'd already done that for my digital, so seeing how to get to a similar reading is a big step. Secondly, the "spot meter" option on my digital was useful to get a feel for the angle of view of the meter.

Also, I guess it wouldn't completely be against the spirit of APUG if you carried a small digital camera to use as a light meter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Also, I guess it wouldn't completely be against the spirit of APUG if you carried a small digital camera to use as a light meter!
    It's a digital camera with a 1 pixel sensor!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post

Except for the fact that digicams are not calibrated to ISO standards, but an arbitrary standard that varies by manufacturer.
    Used top quality lightmeters are cheap and neccesary. Get one and learn to use it, you'll be very glad you did.

Shooter
    35mm
    For your education and amusement:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Except for the fact that digicams are not calibrated to ISO standards, but an arbitrary standard that varies by manufacturer.
    Used top quality lightmeters are cheap and neccesary. Get one and learn to use it, you'll be very glad you did.
    Yes, older light meters are fun to work with. I picked up one for $30, Gossen Luna Pro. The light meter tells you all possible exposure settings under a specific lighting condition. That's just so cool. I don't have a PS digital camera for metering. I don't want to carry my DSLR just to meter the scene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyShots View Post
    Yes, older light meters are fun to work with. I picked up one for $30, Gossen Luna Pro. The light meter tells you all possible exposure settings under a specific lighting condition. That's just so cool. I don't have a PS digital camera for metering. I don't want to carry my DSLR just to meter the scene.
    For many of us on APUG, a Luna Pro doesn't qualify as "older", but rather as "middle-aged" .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    For many of us on APUG, a Luna Pro doesn't qualify as "older", but rather as "middle-aged" .
    Hell, the LunaPros are my "new' meters!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I'm on your side... mine recently died and I'm either going to get it fixed or get a new one!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin