Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,057   Online: 966

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    The first thing to do is to make sure you able able to focus the edge of the center spot on the screen easily, ideally using the flip up magnifier. Use a loupe or magnifier if necessary. If you can't do that, the focus tests won't work.

There are pictures of the pressure plate and the screen at http://grahampatterson.home.comcast....c220/c220.html

dear grahamp,

ofcourse i already able focusing in the edge of center spot..before i using c220, i already use roleiflex and rolleicord..and im courious using c220 but when im occupied it...comes this issue..and yet im still not starting to test focusing testing with the papper simulation..because i dont have any experience on mamiya system

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had similar problems with a 135mm lens. I never got to the bottom of the problem, but it was only with that one lens so I suspected that it was a previous amateur repair job gone wong with the elements replaced backwards or something. I'd suggest that you beg, borrow or steal another lens to try out. That way you could at least narrow it down to either a lens problem like I had, or a camera problem.

There are a couple of focus issues that arise due to the removeable/interchangeable focus screens on the C330 series (mine is a C330f), but if my memory is correct the C220 doesn't have interchangeable screens (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so in your case I think a screen problem would be less likely.
    Last edited by fenderslash; 10-09-2012 at 11:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Its goin more complicated..

Maybe I will sell it..to solve it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not so much complicated as that there are a lot of variables, and you need to isolate one at a time.
    Corrected eyesight (more of a problem than people with good eyesight realize - a loupe does not correct for astigmatism)
    Screen - right position, right way up
    Mirror - displaced (unusual, but possible)
    Lens pair misaligned/not shimmed
    Lens board not parallel to film plane

A second lens helps isolate the lens pair as the problem.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the worst came to the worst, you could take it to a professional camera repairer.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin