Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,487   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya c220 focus issue

dear all,

i just bought a clean and working normally mamiya c220 with 105mm f/3.5 taking lens.Soo i inisiate to test it with a delta 100 to try first roll.after taking 12 shot, i developt the negative.But surprisely all the result was a miss focus image, but im sure i was focussing perfectly altough the focusing screen still in good condition and focusing mechanic still working smoothly.

then i recheck the condition from the lens, below dan film chamber.all seems in good condition.then i test it with second roll, and the same result i get like the result before.

does anyone got the same experience like me?? i need an input here..thanks in advance before.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can I suggest you check that the screen is seated correctly. They are interchangeable and can be put back in the wrong position. Also if you remove the screen, check the mirror, this may also have been removed at some time and not put back in the right position. is the pressure plate on the back of the camera in the correct place. too? If the image shows 'in focus' when you are taking the picture and on the results on film it are not then these ares practically the only things that can be out of position.

I doubt very much if the lens has anything to do with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Preasure plate indicator(the red dot) on the 120 not in the 220 and film type outside the body pointing to 120 too.

Can you show me a reference the correct mirror and the screen position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Open the camera back and place a piece of waxed paper over the film plane. Focus the camera through the view finder then check the "ground glass" in the back to see if they match
    If the focus is off, then remove the view finder and check the screen to see if it is mounted correctly
    If it is on properly then the problem may be a mirror out of alignment(doubtful) or a bad lens.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Open the camera back and place a piece of waxed paper over the film plane. Focus the camera through the view finder then check the "ground glass" in the back to see if they match
    If the focus is off, then remove the view finder and check the screen to see if it is mounted correctly
    If it is on properly then the problem may be a mirror out of alignment(doubtful) or a bad lens.
    Rick, That is an excelent way to check the focus problem.

NOTE---->If the image on the film plane is out, the screen height can be adjusted to bring it in focus with the taker lens. Sometimes the viewing lens/ viewing screen, is slightly out of adjustment... but only do this if ALL your lenses are out of focus. If this is the only lens doing this, then the viewing lens or taker lens needs to be adjusted.

Sometimes people install bright screens which are focused to the camera. Then when the camera is sold they pop in the old screen without readjusting the focus.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yadzmk, check out my comprehensive suggestions in the last two posts in the thread beginning here http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/7...ml#post1322255
    Last edited by PeterB; 10-08-2012 at 07:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: original link broken

Shooter
    35mm
    speechless

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Yadzmk, check out my comprehensive suggestions in the last two posts in the thread beginning here http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/7...ml#post1322255
    thanks peter...i will read it..i will update you about the result..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have found this manual helpful:
    http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_...pro_repair.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first thing to do is to make sure you able able to focus the edge of the center spot on the screen easily, ideally using the flip up magnifier. Use a loupe or magnifier if necessary. If you can't do that, the focus tests won't work.

There are pictures of the pressure plate and the screen at http://grahampatterson.home.comcast....c220/c220.html
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin