Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,125   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Medium Format

Which screen is this...?

Hi all,

I recently got a Hasselblad 500cm and the seller advertises this as one with an acute matte.

However I am comparing it to the 500C I have, and I cannot tell much of a difference between the brightness. Granted I am indoor and haven't tried outdoor yet, but should I be expecting a drastic improvement?

Please see below a picture of the screen. I can't seem to find any info on this style of screen online. There is no split in the middle, just a big circle. No crosshair either...

Anyone have an idea? Thank you for your help!

Hasselblad Screen by Chemophilic, on Flickr
    Chemophilic
    Hasselblad, Rolleiflex
    My Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This looks like the gridded screen with a center micro-prism. It's not an acute matte. My reference material isn't handy, I don't remember the "official" name.
    Also, as I recall, the acute mattes have a notch along one side.

It is a nice screen though, my 2nd favorite, though I've never used an acute matte. It's not as bright as the A-M, but it may work well for you. However, if the camera was priced according to its having an acute matte, the seller may owe you some money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It could be a 42250 if the central microprism is 15mm in diameter. Correct, not an Acute-Matte. I happen to have a 1996 catalog and that was my reference.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The accute mat "D" is the one that has an identifieing notch.
    The first accute mate doesn't have this identifier.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin