Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,039   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Randy,

I'm a law student, it's what we do. Accordingly, I wrote a very friendly contract that serves more as an express notice of what his obligations are (express and implied). We'll see how this goes.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I hope to get more involved in APUG in the near future- my trip to Oregon is centering around analog work with digital serving as backup and reference. I can't wait to see what I learn out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamsSutherland View Post
    ... I'm a law student, it's what we do. ...
    Cool!

When, I occasionally sell off some of my surplus equipment I have a bill of sale that lists out terms, all ready to go, stored on my computer.
    I fill it out, print it up and we both sign it.

Not only is it a good thing to do, legally speaking, it just makes sense. It's good service and it shows the other guy that I'm trying to conduct honest, straightforward business.

Just a funny story...
    I was working in the theater last Tuesday when a grandmother and her grandkids came to the concession stand and ordered popcorn and sodas.
    I thought I heard them order "Coke" but they wanted DIET Coke instead. I dished up the corn and one of the Coke's but they caught me and corrected my mistake.
    I said, "Oops! Bartender's Mistake!" I gave them their snacks and their drinks plus I gave them the mistaken drink for free.
    Grandma didn't want to take the drink and asked, "Are you sure?" I told her that the health code says I can't sell it to anybody else so I'd have to pour it down the drain.
    She was happy to have the drink and she ended up buying a box of candy, to boot.

Playing it straight often has its benefits.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The 120 is a spectacular lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin