Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,956   Posts: 1,558,037   Online: 1124

Shooter
    35mm

Hasselblad Acute Matte screens

So, it was destiny... After colleagues from my former workplace gave me a Hasselblad Manual as parting present three years ago, there was no way for me to avoid being pushed from 35mm to this forum: last Friday, an old friend from Sweden came with a 500 c/m he has no use for. After wiping my tears, I realized I still think in frames of 35mm SLR's, and I specially miss my split-image finder.

I checked around, and it appears that Acute Matte focusing screens are several times more expensive than third party ones. My question is: is there any fundamental flaw in cheap focusing screens? Such as not being properly aligned, etc...

Otherwise, I really started liking the machine, I never expected medium format could be so much fun

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seadd View Post
    So, it was destiny... After colleagues from my former workplace gave me a Hasselblad Manual as parting present three years ago, there was no way for me to avoid being pushed from 35mm to this forum: last Friday, an old friend from Sweden came with a 500 c/m he has no use for. After wiping my tears, I realized I still think in frames of 35mm SLR's, and I specially miss my split-image finder.

I checked around, and it appears that Acute Matte focusing screens are several times more expensive than third party ones. My question is: is there any fundamental flaw in cheap focusing screens? Such as not being properly aligned, etc...

Otherwise, I really started liking the machine, I never expected medium format could be so much fun
    I've used Rollei,old hassy, rb67, maxwell and the acute matte. Nothing is close to the acute matte especially with a prism. It makes photography fast and certain.....and fun. Mine has a split image which is helpful for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I've used the acute matte and the acute matte with the split. I had used split prisms with 35mm and loved 'em. But the Hasselblad split seemed to be far worse than the regular acute matte. The acute matte and the Hasselblad viewfinder being large as it is makes for very easy focusing. Sorry, I don't have experience with the 3rd party screens.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So you mean the acute matte with split is overall worse than the acute matte without focusing aid? What were the differences?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I found it easier to judge focus with the non split acute matte. It has a 3D pop for the focus point. In my experience, the split was small and the surrounding area was harder to judge focus. The split is also in the center, where it should be, but the non split makes it easy to judge focus on everything in the viewfinder.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Where these acute matte or acute matte D? I´m asking because I think about getting into the Hasselblad system myself ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    mine is the plain acute matte. I'm sure the D is as good or better.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My comparison was with the D and the split
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin