Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,415   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I downloaded the manual earlier today. It shows the strap connectors for it - looks like the closest available equivalent is the Hasselblad strap connector.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I often use intermediate ƒ-stops on my Rollei. Matter of fact, that's one of the things I like about it. Kind of like Kentucky windage.

I have often wondered about intermediate shutter speeds.
    I almost always set the shutter on the mark except when my exposure needs 1/125 but the dial is only marked at 1/100.
    In that case, I set the mark just to the right of the second zero in the number "100."
    I figure, if it works, it works. If not, it probably doesn't make much difference. Besides, I'm probably using Kentucky windage on the ƒ-stop, anyway.

One thing I have noticed is that using the Rolleiflex sharpens me up when I go back to shooting 35mm.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have this camera and have been using it quite often lately. Got it from my father after he passed and after a service have put several rolls through it (just a cleaning, not much ever seems to go wrong with these cameras)

It is a joy to use (although I wish the screen were brighter) and so much different than shooting an slr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rollei.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I downloaded the manual earlier today. It shows the strap connectors for it - looks like the closest available equivalent is the Hasselblad strap connector.
    Nope, won't work. Not the same as the Hasselblad connector. The Rollei connector has an easily-moved sliding part, differentt han the Hasselbald system.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any idea where I can get this OTHER Rollei proprietary clips/strap then? When you search on Ebay for Rollei Strap, you get the gator/scissors clips.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Any idea where I can get this OTHER Rollei proprietary clips/strap then? When you search on Ebay for Rollei Strap, you get the gator/scissors clips.
    I don't know for certain. Some suggestions- contact Harry Fleenor at Oceanside Camera and Krikor Marilian at Krimar Photo. They have old stock and might have something. Also RangefinderForum's TLR group has lots of Rollei people. There is a Rollei group on Freelists- http://www.freelists.org/list/rollei_list ON Fridays people are allowed to post items for sale; a 'wanted' post might be acceptable? A note to this outfit might be worthwhile- the online listing hasn't changed much so might not reflect actual stock http://www.manfredschmidt.com/rolleiaccess.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, dug this discussion up. There is a photo of the original Rollei clip, fornt and back-
    http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00TQxP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin