Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,510   Online: 1096

Shooter
    35mm

RB67 Shutter cocking lever stuck

Searched around and saw this problem a lot with the lens stuck on the body, but my situation is slightly different.

I just got in my RB67 body today w/ film back. Cocked the lever went down all the way shot it and it worked nicely. Did the same thing right after for a second time and when i put the lever down it came back up half way. Now its just sitting there and wont let me fire it theres a little play to move down. So i was thinking maybe i didnt take it down the lever all the way. that wasnt it. Tried a release cable, didnt work. And keep in mind there was no lens on the body when it did this. Maybe i missed something small and forgot to do, and the film back never came with a dark slide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1) Try pushing it down further - you may have only wound it part way;
    2) if you have a neck-strap on the camera, it might be interfering with the lever.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the help matt!

I tried pushing it further down and still wont engage or move back up and I dont have a neck strap on it, any other suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format

This probably won't help but...

You may not want to do this but the repair manual for the RB's is online. I downloaded mine and if you just enter in Mamiya Rb67 repair manual in a search engine, you will find it. Not the easiest to understand, and if you want to see if you can fix it yourself, give it a try. It could be something as simple as a screw that came loose and got jammed in the works somewhere. I would also try tipping it upside down and lightly tapping it to see if you can shake something lose. Otherwise, I think we are talking a pro repair shop. Best of luck with it. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not speaking from experience here, because I never had the same problem.. I just played around with mine for a bit, when you start depressing the lever to cock the shutter it will just stay where you left it, you can wind in in tiny increments, only when you get to the end the lever comes back up. If it' s cocked, the mirror should be down. Also see if the mechanism that cocks the lens with its two pins is in the cocked position (cocked the left side (facing the camera) is up, and the right is down) if it's the other way round, (left down, right up) you could carefully try to cock it that way, maybe with two bobby pins, and see if that releases the mechanism. Good luck.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin