Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,522   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei lens cleaning & CLA: Paul Ebel?

Any bad experiences with Paul? I need to have one of my Rollei's CLA'd. There is some light funus too so I'd to have someone to clean the lens elements.

I know Harry Fleenor seems to be the best but he is also very very expensive. Krikor seems to take second but he will not clean the lens. I'm thinking of going with Paul since he seems to be the next "best". Ofcourse my rankings are very subjective but this is what I've pretty much gathered from the internet, I have no experience with anyone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been very happy with Paul's work, plus he is very pleasant to deal with.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have read a lot of positive reports of Paul Ebel. Seems he is right up there with Harry Fleenor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul Ebel gave me fast, professional and courteous service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei lens cleaning & CLA: Paul Ebel?

I've used Paul for Rolleiflex service and he did a nice job. He excels in lens repair for LF too. I've used Harry too. Harry is worth EVERY penny.

I'll put it this way: the auto mechanic down the street who's been around for years and will work on many brands and models does a good job and people are happy with him. The one who works on nothing but BMWs and has done so for years may charge more but all he sees are BMWs all day. He will find things wrong on your BMW, that could be important, that the first guy did not even know to look for.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does he have a webite or email? I found a problem with my T over the weekend. The shutter stays open at slower speeds. 15 and below. Seems there is something going on with mechanical timer in slower speeds. I'm thinking a CLA will take care of.

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Paul Ebel <paulebel44@yahoo.com>

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Do a quick google for "Rollei & Hensel Service" in Bloomfield, NJ. I don't remember the name of the gentleman who runs it, but he was a long-time employee of Rollei, who used to be located just up the road. I had him do a re-build of my 6006 battery, which he did while I waited at a fair price. I can't compare their service with others, but they are listed on one of the Rollei sites as the last official 6000 series service site left in the U.S. Of course, they also service Rollei TLRs.
    Regards, Pete Lewin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another "+" for Paul Ebel. I've had him work on a few LF and leaf shutter lenses.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin