Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,226   Online: 899

Shooter
    35mm

Tele-Rolleiflex: lens seperation

I'm interested in a Tele-Rolleiflex but I hear that lens separation is common, unfortunately. Are there any serial numbers/versions to avoid? Or are they all suceptible to this?

Good used Tele-Rolleis command a premium price. If you're going to buy one, a reputable seller should allow you to fully inspect the camera before you buy it, and you should get a 30-day optical/mechanical return guarantee.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by puketronic View Post
    I'm interested in a Tele-Rolleiflex but I hear that lens separation is common, unfortunately. Are there any serial numbers/versions to avoid? Or are they all suceptible to this?
    I'd ignore the serial number and concentrate on looking at the lens elements for separation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you want to guarantee you don't have separation issues, get one of the brand new Rollei FT models. The brand new ones have an additional benefit of minimum focus of 4 feet (1.3m), whereas the originals have a minimum focus of 8 feet (2.6m). The downside to the new ones is that they're around $5K USD. Originals can be found with patience for around $1500 USD-$2000 USD. Simple inspection will show you lenses on original cameras that do or do not have separation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tele-Rolleiflex: lens seperation

Have patience and get from a reputable seller. I waited and got mine for $950 but it did need a full CLA and the front standard was slightly bent and needed straightening. But even before getting that all fixed it shot awesome photos. Simply amazing glass.

Especially for cow portraits:

Tilden Farm Ben Tele-Rolleiflex KodakTMY400 D-761-1 11min30sec 20C 1minAg2x 12-2011 VSmac 9000 Scan-111225-0001 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

More here from my Tele-rollei:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Tele...47%40N00&s=int
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin