Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,300   Online: 887

Shooter
    Medium Format

Got old Kodak #1 Pocket- can't open

Got an old #1 Pocket camera with the bellows but can't open it. Theres a chrome knob at the
    bottom youre supposed to pull out to slide the belows but only moves about 2mm. Something
    seems to be locked . even took it out of the back but won't budge. ideas?

the sliders let it open ok but cant pull lens out. Don't want to break anything. heard it takes
    120 film so itching to try it. thanks

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found an manual , follow the link , its pdf.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/kodak_p...unior_1_1a.pdf

Good luck,

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure that's the right one. I've just got mine out of the box to have a look (before it gets shipped off to Poland). Have you put your thumb on the little lever plate thing below the lens (at about 5 o'clock)? Then it's just a question of pulling it forward, making sure that the lens doesn't lean forward on the hinge at the bottom otherwise it won't align with the tracks (which come out a little on mine).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PS. you might need to go up to "quietly swearing" on the force scale (not sure what in newtons).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes i pushed up on that 5clock lever, that lets it pass over the hinge hump. Problems seems to be the plate the lens slides out on
    wont go pass the rails since rails have to go thru the 2 part hinge. Its getting stuck on the back hinge part.if that makes any sense.
    IOW the lens hinge is in two parts and sticking where it hinges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I get it. It's not easy on mine. If you can, get your finger behind the mount on the back bit of the hinge (right behind where the "No.1 Pocket Kodak" name plate is - that way the hinge is more likely to stay flat. Bit of oil on the hinge as well?

Looking closely, mine is a No.1A, but they sound similar enough.

Shooter
    35mm
    Could you get a photo? There's about a gazillion variations of these over the years.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How do u post a photo?
    The rear part of the hinge on the L side, as your taking pic, isnt horizontal with the front hinge piece so i think
    i need to take to the garage for a little bending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use the advanced reply and click on the "manage attachements" button near the bottom.
    Please do post some pictures before you start bending things.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin