Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,616   Online: 928

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, from the pictures it appears that only covers are metal, not the whole body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what are the lenses? I looked and looked and it does not say. Really crap site for tech information about the cameras they are selling.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I can see Lomography typically give no information about the lenses of their cameras. (And the manufacturer of the Holga range only differs between "glass" and "plastic".)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They look great, but the sample photos look like they came out of a $25 Helga. Don't think so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    They look great, but the sample photos look like they came out of a $25 Helga. Don't think so.
    What's wrong with photos looking like they were made with a Holga? People pay enormous amounts for smartphones with very good cameras built in and then go out of their way to make photos that look like they were made with a Holga.
    Last edited by Andy K; 10-20-2012 at 07:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree. I don't think there was ever the concept behind Lomography to offer cameras that can produce photographs that would be considered high-end technicalwise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    But is that look something that came from the camera as such, or from their choice of film and development?

I'm considering one of those cameras as an entry into medium format, but I'm not interested in the Holga look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look at the price compared with the recent Fujifilm/Bessa medium format folder. I think some people's expectations are a bit high!

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've bought and use stupider cameras (Graphcheck sequence camera, etc...). Why wouldn't I enjoy using this one?

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    IMHO the colour samples look similar to colour samples taken with the LC-A. I wouldn't doubt if they deliberately designed their lenses for this 6x12 to replicate that look, as a fair bit of their target hipster market (no offense) seems to like the colour qualities of the LC-A.

I'm still debating about whether to get one of these, but in the meantime it has inspired me to figure out a more practical way to use my converted Polaroid 110A (which has a 127mm lens, which isn't very wide, but is very sharp) that shoots 6x12.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin