Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,116   Online: 943

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    What's wrong with photos looking like they were made with a Holga? People pay enormous amounts for smartphones with very good cameras built in and then go out of their way to make photos that look like they were made with a Holga.

Maybe people do, but Holga doesn't cost 200 Euro. I wish they'd built a proper camera, not a toy. It's a pity.because it looks so good.
    Somebody earlier said, they might fit a better lens to it, good idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Folder, 6x12 or less, automatic exposure 2-aperture shutter, interchangable, focussable lenses

http://microsites.lomography.com/belair/#about
    actually, this web site

http://microsites.lomography.com/belair/#cameras

does have some tech information -- at 58 and 90 lens, and i think the gallery shots are not as bad as some here are saying -- a few that look as if they were cross-processed, but a lot of sharp and properly exposed shots.

interesting.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I get the exactly the same page with both links.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    Maybe people do, but Holga doesn't cost 200 Euro. I wish they'd built a proper camera, not a toy. It's a pity.because it looks so good.
    Somebody earlier said, they might fit a better lens to it, good idea.
    I don't see anywhere on their site where they claim this is a high-end camera.
    If you want good results from a Lomo camera, then buy one of the only real Lomo cameras, the LCA, the Smena, or the Lubitel, and make sure the one you buy was manufactured before the introduction of the LCA+. I have an LCA bought 16 years ago. It's a great little camera with an excellent sharp lens and superb metering.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I'm wondering if Lomo's going to continue their tradition of build quality with this camera...or sadly, the lack thereof. I've bought a number of their cameras & products over the years and most of them either quickly broke or under-performed in a major way. While I love the Diana+'s pictures, it's so flimsy I would fear for its' life if I ever accidentally dropped it. The Diana Mini I bought regularly freezes up in the middle of the roll. Ditto the Lomo 35mm back for the Diana. I like the fact that the Bel Air has a bellows--which makes it a lot more convenient than the very bulky Holga 120 Pano that shoots 6x12cm--but why do I get the feeling that the bellows is going to be the first thing on the Bel Air that's going to come apart? This is a big reason why on the whole I prefer Holga gear over Lomo--the Holgas are in general much sturdier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    I'm wondering if Lomo's going to continue their tradition of build quality with this camera...or sadly, the lack thereof. I've bought a number of their cameras & products over the years and most of them either quickly broke or under-performed in a major way. While I love the Diana+'s pictures, it's so flimsy I would fear for its' life if I ever accidentally dropped it. The Diana Mini I bought regularly freezes up in the middle of the roll. Ditto the Lomo 35mm back for the Diana. I like the fact that the Bel Air has a bellows--which makes it a lot more convenient than the very bulky Holga 120 Pano that shoots 6x12cm--but why do I get the feeling that the bellows is going to be the first thing on the Bel Air that's going to come apart? This is a big reason why on the whole I prefer Holga gear over Lomo--the Holgas are in general much sturdier.
    The Diana, the Holga, all the novelty multi-lensed cameras they sell… none are Lomo cameras. The only true Lomo cameras made in the St Petersburg factory are LC-As manufactured before the introduction of the LC-a+, the Smena, and the Lubitel.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the concept of this new camera but am unimpressed with the quality of its gallery images.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    While I love the Diana+'s pictures, it's so flimsy I would fear for its' life if I ever accidentally dropped it.
    The only one of my cameras that I would not fear for if I dropped it is my cardboard pinhole camera. My Nikon SLRs aren't concrete-proof.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    15% off for pre-order. $250 for 6x12 is great news for medium format. Be interesting to see "normal" photos taken with the camera.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    15% off for pre-order. $250 for 6x12 is great news for medium format. Be interesting to see "normal" photos taken with the camera.

Daniel.
    It was 30% off when the pre-ordering started. I am also looking forward to some more sample shots, reviews, and tech info. and hopefully a strip down to the chassis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin