Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,724   Online: 912

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

New 6 x 12 Camera - Auto Exposure

I've been tempted to make my own pano camera, or modify one of my old folders that took the super sized rollfilm.

But this Lomo has put to rest those thoughts! It's very handsome and reasonably priced. I've ordered the metal bodied model (JetSet?) and I'm looking forward to experimenting.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered one. You're right - the site doesn't gave to many specifics, but it's worth taking a chance on it for $209. By the way, it's listed on their site for 209 Euros (approx $275), but if you're from the US you'll get switched to the US site where you'll get it for $209.

I liked the multi-format aspect, and if I don't like the lenses I'll likely switch them out with something higher quality.

By the way, here's the info on the lenses:

Together with a team of experienced optics engineers, the Lomographic camera developers have refined both a 90mm lens and a 58mm wide-angle lens; each lens offers high quality photos while still being loaded with the Lomographic charm we all know and love. Oh, and this is just the start: the Belair X 6-12 features an exchangeable lens system for ultimate experimentation and flexibility – you can rest assured we’re already working on more new and exciting lenses!
    90mm Lens
    An awesome wide-angle optic with a similar angle-of-view to the legendary LC-A. Lens Focal Length: 90mm
    Maximum Aperture: 1:8
    Minimum Aperture: 1:16
    Angle of View: 65 degrees (6 x 12)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 32mm (6 x 12)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 40mm (6 x 9)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 52mm (6 x 6)
    Focusing Zones: 1m, 1.5m, 3m, Infinity

58mm Ultra-wide-angle Lens
    An ultra-wide-angle optic with a similar angle-of-view to a 21mm lens on a compact 35mm camera. It’s perfect for the 6 x 12 format! Lens Focal Length: 58mm
    Maximum Aperture: 1:8
    Minimum Aperture: 1:16
    Angle of View: 90 degrees (6 x 12)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 21mm (6 x 12)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 26mm (6 x 9)
    Standard 35mm equivalent Focal Length: 35mm (6 x 6)
    Focusing Zones: 1m, 1.5m, 3m, Infinity

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just ordered one.

With the relatively low price point I figure it is worth taking a chance. If the quality is half way decent it will be a bargain. Considering its a LOMO I am not expecting miracles but sometimes their cameras can surprise you.

Shooter
    Multi Format

New 6 x 12 Camera - Auto Exposure

Any info about the shutter speeds? All I see is 1/125 sec max.

Shooter
    Large Format
    They say it'll meter down to EV4, which with an aperture of f16 makes for a 16s exposure. Presumably the shutter is stepless in between. I'm wondering how the ISO is set and whether there's any shutter speed indication. If not, you don't know what shutter speed the camera has chosen. Part of being low-tech (lomo-tech?) I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you get different viewers for each lens, or is it best guess and user experience.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Keen to hear about the image quality from the lenses.

Had some 6x24cm panos the other day at work!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The "Globetrotter" is already sold out and it doesn't ship for another month! If the examples on the site are from production run cameras, the image quality looks slightly better than the Holgas I've played around with. I've a friend who does wedding photos for hipsters on an LC-A, and she gets really interesting results that his clients adore. The 90mm lens appears to be based of that design. Debating.... I just purchased a refurbished Land 250, do I really need another lo-tech camera?
    "Crap, why didn't I take more pictures"
    Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j_landecker View Post
    They say it'll meter down to EV4, which with an aperture of f16 makes for a 16s exposure. Presumably the shutter is stepless in between. I'm wondering how the ISO is set and whether there's any shutter speed indication. If not, you don't know what shutter speed the camera has chosen. Part of being low-tech (lomo-tech?) I guess.
    I'm willing to bet it will work like the LC-A in that it won't tell you what shutter speed it chooses, you'll just have to listen for the click of the shutter opening and closing. It is certainly low tech, but it works.

If the metering is as accurate as it is on the LC-A then it will work just fine, especially with negative film. In fact, I trust the metering on my LC-A more than most other cameras I own with auto exposure if you can believe that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin