Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,775   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

RZ67 Pro with Pro II back -Won't Revolve!

Hi all,

just had a Mamiya RZ67 Pro arrive today. It has a RZ67 ProII back but I cant get it to revolve. I have film in the camera and have taken a shot which seems to work, just cant get the back to revolve to 'portrait'.

I am sure I am just doing something silly, I have followed the steps in the manual (ie move the lever to the 'R' position) but still stuck. HEEEELP!!

Thanks

Paul
    Speed Graphic, Fuji GX680,Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make sure you are twisting it the right direction and don't be afraid to give it some force.
    I don't know if you need to, but I always put the dark slide in before rotation. I don't think the shutter can be in the cocked position either.
    Good luck!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorted it! I was being a limp wristed pansy. Good 'ol brute force Thanks Segedi.
    Speed Graphic, Fuji GX680,Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    deleted

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Er, there should be very very little force required to rotate an RZ back! Not much more than is required to manipulate the WLF.

Only goes one way though; portrait is clockwise from landscape when looking from the rear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Er, there should be very very little force required to rotate an RZ back! Not much more than is required to manipulate the WLF.

Only goes one way though; portrait is clockwise from landscape when looking from the rear.
    Agreed.

The back in an RZ should NOT require any FORCE, just a simple rotation 90deg CLOCKWISE.

MAKE SURE THAT THE LEVER ON THE RIGHT SIDE IF THE BODY IS IN THE "R" position when attempting to rotate the back.

The bodies are tough, but simple 'brute force' isn't the right thing 99℅ of the time...

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A double ditto ( o me I better duck on that one) to what Poly & Dan said.
    It's a good rule that whenever anything doesn't move or click into place easily on a camera, obviously don't force it.

This rule has saved me more than once I'm sure because the moment I sense any contrariness on the cameras part, it will make me slow down and reflect… (and look it up in the DAMN manual lol)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, it moves in a smooth action but I have to be positive with the action. lever is in R and I only move 90 cwise to change to portrait. Dev'd my first roll last night. Am really pleased with it

Charlotte-Mamiya RZ67-Tri-x400 by The Paul Reid, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RZ67 Pro with Pro II back -Won't Revolve!

Very nice shot! Glad it all worked out.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin