Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,174   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I received free cameras

Few days ago met a gentleman about my age at a gun shop. As I was leaving he asked me if I made a trade, he was a gun collector. I told him I was know to collect old film cameras, he said he also had cameras from years back. He mentioned a few brands, asked if I would like to see them. To make a long story short he called me today said he had a box and to met him up by where I live. In the box Rolleicord lll, leather case, and original lens cap. Also a Yashica A, case is shot, camera never had but a few rolls run in it, a Rollei E110, and two 8mm movie cameras. One is a Kodak and the other is a Bell and Howell with cases.
    Then he tells me a he has filters for the Rolleicord and a Kodak Retina lll and as soon as he can find them he will give me a call. This is a story you always hear but it came true for me

I will smilinging while I sleep tonight.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll Still Be Smiling In 2112 !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still waiting to find a Leica with mounted Noctilux at a garage sale priced under $20. No luck so far.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i had a lady in town call me at work with a camera she wanted to give me, it was a leica IIIF with several lenses, a case, other junque -- camera was mint, had gotten film jammed in it first use and set aside.

she wanted to give it to me.

goddamn conscience. I forced $400 on her.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I received free cameras

Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    ....she wanted to give it to me.

Karma is real. Don't fret it.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Karma is real. Don't fret it.
    I'll still get it free but I'll give her 30x40 inches print...How about that?

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice! If you don't want the E110, I'm in Houston and I've got some 110 film stashed that I've been looking for a camera for...
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    okto send me a pm.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    i had a lady in town call me at work with a camera she wanted to give me, it was a leica IIIF with several lenses, a case, other junque -- camera was mint, had gotten film jammed in it first use and set aside.

she wanted to give it to me.

summicron, you are a diamond geezer.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format

I heard once about a guy getting a Polaroid...

I read a post once (maybe it was on here) about a guy that was given a Polaroid 180 or 195 from an old woman that said her husband had it and after he died she didn't have any use for it. The guy gave her $10 or $20 just so he didn't feel so bad. I suppose if a person went to garage sales and just asked if they had any old cameras they might run back in the house and get that old Rollei that grampa had. It is worth a try. I wrote on here once about a time I was at my sisters and we went downtown and the local newpaper had a display of cameras in the window. All were cheap plastic junk except they had a Mamiya TLR. I had to be the villiage idiot and tell them that was worth something. I probably could have bought it for a song but I had to open my mouth and blow it. I'm hoping it is still there someday and they will let me have it for next to nothing. However, villiage idiots usually don't get a second chance. Ric.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin