Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,962   Online: 781

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adox Golf 75/4.5 120 folder

Just bought an Adox Golf 75mm f/4.5 folder ... "Made in Germany US Zone" ... it was just sat on a table at a flea market, and I fell for it.
    Pronto shutter with B, 25/50/100/200

It is in beautiful condition, didn't cost much, and I bought it to use.

Before I load it up, are there any quirks of the mechanism I need to know about?
    (e.g is there a particular sequence that must be followed in setting shutter speed/cocking shutter/setting aperture in order to avoid damage?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pronto shutters are pretty tough things. It makes no difference at all in which order you set speed and cock shutter except it is better to cock the shutter immediately before you fire it so as not to fire the shutter accidentally. When you alter the speed, you are merely moving a cam which does not interact with the actual shutter mechanism until you press the shutter release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another thought - Pronto(r) shutters benefit from being used. If the speeds don't seem to be right, fire the shutter a few dozen times with no film in the camera to free the mechanism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    excellent - thank you.
    your advice about "dry firing" is helpful - the slowest speeds sound much better after following it.

I've already got a roll hanging up to dry ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin