Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,131   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm going to bookmark that. camerarepair.com quoted me $320 for the CLA of the lens and the replacing of the bellows. Since the bellows are still light tight, I'm not spending that. The lens cleaned up well and is working snappily and the body is a bit beat up but still in good enough shape. I'm just going to leave it alone for now and I'll order the other bellows if I start getting issues of failure.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very neat and working paste for fixing pinhole's:
    http://www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk/bellows.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie, welcome back

As an aside, regarding your experience with the longevity of chemicals: you mentioned you need to test Rodinal... IMHO, it will most likely outlive you
    Rodinal is one developer that really keeps forever. It may cristalyze a bit and become dark, but it will still work, even after several years. You may test it, just to be sure, but in my experience, it really does last for years
    Regards,
    Denis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the one 500ml bottle, almost full, of the real thing. I also have a partial bottle of HC-110 that I'm pretty sure is the same way, but I'm shooting the first roll, cutting it in half, and developing it separately, half in HC-110 and half in Rodinal. Better safe than sorry.

I'm basically kind of worried, though, that if I plan to work with Rodinal I'll end up not liking the newer stuff when this bottle is gone. :/ I do have some decanted off in baby food jars, too, but that's another test.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, Flutot's or Paul Ebel should be able to CLA the lens for less than a C note. They won't need the body at all.
    I know they only work on leaf shutters, the question is does a Mamiya lens/shutter qualify?

I use black artists acrylic to mens pinholes, it remains slightly flexible too.

If you want yet another project you should be able to find a bellows pattern online. :o)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    FWIW, Flutot's or Paul Ebel should be able to CLA the lens for less than a C note. They won't need the body at all.
    I know they only work on leaf shutters, the question is does a Mamiya lens/shutter qualify?

I use black artists acrylic to mens pinholes, it remains slightly flexible too.

If you want yet another project you should be able to find a bellows pattern online. :o)
    At the moment I only have time for one project, and the Speed Graphic is going to be it. Husband has okayed me buying the leather and working on that in my spare time, but right now I'm just going to get it operational so I can burn through the 4x5 film I have and have some fun with some weird lenses. Since the Mamiya works well, I'll wait on the CLA until it actually seems to need it, but I keep forgetting about Flutots. I want to send the Ilex shutter I've got to them, and then also find some cells to go in the Copal 1 I'm sitting on.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you didn't see it, over on the LF forum I posted a link to a downloadable Speed service manual. I may also have a stray back spring or two. Do you still have one spring to measure for the size you need?

Keep it up with the ugly cameras. They are the best. Pretty ones have no soul!

Len

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin