Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,817   Online: 720

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad A12 Back Question

So I just got my first Hassie (OMG YAY)! It came with two backs. One seems to be fine, the other look okay, except that when winding it, it will not stop at the first frame. It "clicks" into 1 and the white dot appears, but it will not stop. The body's advance/cocking lever seems to take care of it from there.

Anyway, wondering if anyone knows whether this is a relatively easy fix or not.
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What you're describing sounds normal.It's the camera's advance knob/lever that advances the film in the back after you've manually advanced it to "1".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, there's a problem with it; it should stop automatically when frame 1 is reached. Here's the manual: http://www.cameramanuals.org/hasselb...ad_a12_a24.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on whether it'a a 12 or A12.
    The A series will stop automatically, the 12 won't.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Depends on whether it'a a 12 or A12.
    The A series will stop automatically, the 12 won't.
    How do I tell which it is? My working back (which stops) is labeled 12 not A12.
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What does the winding crank on the back look like?If it can't be folded away it's an old one and the numbers will keep coming as long as you wind-these also have the number on the paper backing visible through the hatch on the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    What does the winding crank on the back look like?If it can't be folded away it's an old one and the numbers will keep coming as long as you wind-these also have the number on the paper backing visible through the hatch on the back.
    Its definitely a later back then, it has the normal folding crank lever.

I ran a roll through it today, seemed to work fine but we will see how the slides look...
    ~ Michelle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin