Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,289   Online: 764

arcimboldo

Mamiya Screen for Rollei 2.8 F

Hi,
    i am looking for a bright screen in order to use ist for my rollei. the rz67 screens seem to be appropiate. are there any differences (beside type a/b/rtc.) similar to hasselblads accute matte and accutte matte d?
    what screen would you use for the rollei?
    kind regaards, a.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried to cut a RZ screen using a glass cutter to 6x6 size once but managed to break the screen. The glass is sandwich type and breaks really easily. I've heard RB screens are easier to cut in size.

arcimboldo
    isnt it possible to separate the screen from the glass and thencut the screen?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just save yourself the headache, trouble and cost of ruining an RZ or RB screen and get a Maxwell that's made for your Rollei in the first place. Yes it's more expensive, but when you factor in the value of your time and the amount of time you'll waste ordering the RZ screen, waiting for it, cutting it, breaking it, ordering a new one, waiting for that one, etc, you'll actually save money on the Maxwell.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you've decided go with a Mamiya screen, the RB with center ground glass spot is the one I'd get. Buy a half-dozen of them and still save over expensive alternatives.

http://www.panum.de/rolleiflex_screen.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I successfully changed the ground glass screen of my 3,5 A against the lower part of a RB 67 screen, I could buy it separately at the German Mamiya service. The RZ srceen has to be dismounted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've cut glass very easily with a Dremel and their diamond coat cutoff disc.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Mamyia sreen is not glass but plastic and can be broken after scratching with a sharp knive or cut by a mini circular saw. The original screen of the 2,8 F is a bright plastic screen which is not bad, the Mamiya screen is not better, if you want a better one, take a Beattie Intensreen or a Maxwell. With these you have the choice between different types, plain, with lines, with microprisms, wit split-image rangefinder. If the original screen is in a good order, I'd not spent so much money for a new screen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin