Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,722   Online: 886

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In a word (or two), "Hell yeah!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is it a professional grade camera?
    ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Is it a professional grade camera?
    ToddB

As good as it got when it was made (1953-54?). This was before Hasselbalds, before the Leica M3, the Nikon F. Rollei was one of *THE* professional cameras into the 60s, and the 2.8C was the best it made at the time. If you were looking to buy a medium format camera in 1953, you couldn't do better. Different, maybe, but not better.

By the way, if it needs service, please avoid Krimar Photo in New Jersey. There are other people who are happy to work on this model without complaining about its age, complaining about getting parts, and making excuses for doing incompetent work while padding the bill with unauthorized additions. Krikor may be one of the best on later models, but he shouldn't take in cameras he won't repair properly and do work he won't stand behind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    With everyone reaction.. Did I do good?

ToodB
    i once found a 2.8 E model with a case at a local thrift store for $17, but this was a very good deal as well. I can hear others on the list wimpering...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes looks like some 2,8 model with the old, non-detachable waist level finder. Maybe 2,8C or 2,8D. If it is working properly then 75$ is a phenomenal bargain. Even if the shutter needs service it is still a very good price. Congrats!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What a disappointment..! Just got an email from the seller. This is where the WWW bites you in the A--! Her and her husband wigged out on the deal to sell. They researched on the internet and found it was worth alot more money, and now selling on the BAY. How diappointing. Oh well.. Still have my "T"

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you don't mind my asking, what are THEY asking for it now on FeePay?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked up the listing.. they have it starting 300.00 with 6 day auction.. It was a Rolleiflex 2.8 K7C Xenatar. I should of never asked for serial number from them. Son Of B----!

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok- I see it. I've been looking for a second Rolleiflex as a backup to my 2.8E. They have it listed as No Returns. It would have to sell for super cheap for me to bid on it - I just barely escaped getting badly burned on another one that was mis-described, sold with no return, but thankfully the Ebay buyer protection worked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whew! I thought someone had beaten the $85 that I paid for mine;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin