Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,151   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had someone do this to me with some Rollei Retro 100 film. He had some listed on eBay, a 10-pack in the wooden case, for like $35 BIN. I bought. He sent me a message saying he had more and did I want that? I said "Heck yes!", well actually I played it cooler than that. But he had 3 more boxes of it and offered them to me each at the same BIN price on the auction I won. I quickly paid for the rest with paypal. He then sends me a message the next day saying he spoke to a friend who told him that Rollei Retro 100 is actually Agfa APX100 and quite rare and worth much more so he told me was still going to send me the 10-pack I won in the auction (oh, are you? That's nice) but that the rest he was going to put on ebay again as an open auction. He soon then realized I'd already paid him and felt kinda bad. He refunded me and did send me a couple of empty Rollei wooden film boxes as an apology.

These people should have honored your $75 if you had an agreement to sell/buy at that price. Heck, even the law I think would be on your side but it's not like it would be worth it to fight them.

I got a 2.8E Planar Rolleiflex from a tiny shop down a dark alley in Beijing back in 1999 or so for $150 USD. A little beaten up but it has been to Harry Fleenor for a "spa treatment" and shoots like a dream ever since. My other Rolleiflex score was a 3.5E3 Xenotar for $120 USD. This one obviously had been dropped as the side knob was a little dented in. But it worked fine and still does!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That happened to me a while back on eBay too.
    I found a Koni Omega step with a BIN, it had only been listed for 20 minutes.
    I bought it and paid for it as it was a very good deal.
    Then the seller cancelled the sale and refunded my money telling me he sold to a camera shop instead.
    Sure he sold it to a camera shop after listing it 20 minutes beforehand!

In better deals I did get a quite nice 2.8C just like the one in this post from a local via CL for $120.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Automat was around $100 plus $150 for the CLA. Used it, sold it for $250, lol. It went to a good home though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was over the camera pretty quick.. However I was pretty POed all day the way it was handled. Granted, we didn't shake hands on the deal , however we made a verbal agreement and money was enroute for purchase for the camera. It was funny too. I asked if I could Paypal them and she replyed they didn't have a Paypal account. But after looking at Thier listing on the eBay. I notice their pay option it has Paypal. Something stinks about this. In there listed on Criagslist discription they sounded in distress about un-loading their stuff. So I chimed in and made an offer. So going back to their eBay listing , they have the camera for a 6 days auction. So much for ergency in unloading their stuff.
    ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ID Mystery Rollei..?

Move on. It's likely a POS that was improperly stored and needing tons of work. You would have had to spend another $250-350 getting it up to snuff, oh and the lens has fungus....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Move on. It's likely a POS that was improperly stored and needing tons of work. You would have had to spend another $250-350 getting it up to snuff, oh and the lens has fungus....
    Yeah, whenever you buy a used camera, the first thing you do is look through the viewfinder, open up the back to check inside then say, "I'm going to have to send this to get it cleaned."

Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin